Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Netherlands

We've made it to Amsterdam after a long flight. Moriah would be happy to stay here rather than get on another plane so soon. I can hardly blame her, but I am anxious to get to Nairobi.

That said, I'd love to stay here for a few days or more. Almost 100 years ago my grandfather immigrated from Holland to the United States. He died when I was two, so I don't really remember him. But I do remember my grandmother. I recently was told that one of the last things my grandmother told my aunt before she died was that she always prayed that her children would be missionary minded. And now their grandson and great granddaughter have returned to the homeland (if only for a few hours) as missionaries!

The neat thing is that so many family members have been a part of this trip, supporting us both financially and in prayer - Aunts and uncles, cousins and sisters, all missionary minded. I am blessed to be a part of such a rich legacy.

No comments: